- Diese Termin hat bereits stattgefunden.
The EU-Indonesia Free Trade Agreement: Access to Raw Materials & Investor Privileges
16. Dezember 2021 @ 9:00 - 11:00
The Exclusive Rights to Multinational Corporations in Indonesia-EU CEPA: Free Access to Raw Materials & Investor Lawsuit
Thursday, December 16th, 2021, 09.00-11.00 CET
Raw materials play an important role in the free trade negotiations between the EU and Indonesia. Through the EU-Indonesia Free Trade Agreement, European countries are trying to secure their access to raw materials in Indonesia.
At the same time, mining companies have used investment arbitration in the past to sue the Indonesian government over controversial mining projects that have been linked to environmental destruction and human rights abuses.
This webinar will look at the intersection between raw materials and investment protection and evaluate what changes and impacts we can expect from the EU-Indonesia FTA.
Discussion will be held in Indonesian and English (translator available)*
1. Rachmi Hertanti, Indonesia for Global Justice (IGJ), Indonesia
2. Burghard Ilge, BothEnd, Netherland
3. Fabian Flues, PowerShift, Germany
4. Pius, People's Emancipation Ecological Action (AEER), Indonesia
Budi Nurgianto, Alliance of Indonesian Journalists (AJI)
Host: Parid Ridwanuddin, IGJ