- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
Climate Goals held to Ransom; Exit the Energy Charter Treaty!
18. Mai 2022 @ 19:00 - 20:00
Wednesday 18th May 2022, 6pm-7pm BST/7pm-8pm CEST
The Energy Charter Treaty is the fossil fuel industry’s dirty secret. It means corporations can sue countries for billions over climate action using ISDS (investor-state dispute settlement). As states meet during the final round of failing reform negotiations, people across the globe are saying enough is enough. Join a panel of climate leaders to hear why we must leave the ECT and end climate-destroying ISDS for good.
- Carola Rackete, ecologist and social justice activist
- Asad Rehman, War on Want
- Brenda Akankunda, lawyer and trade analyst with SEATINI Uganda
- Fernando Valladares, professor and climate change expert
- Camille Étienne, social and climate justice activist
- Jeremy Corbin, MP