“PowerShift – is a German NGO dealing with questions related to energy, climate, natural resources, trade and economic policies. We want to contribute to a change in global energy policy and economic relations by means of education, public relations, scientific research and political activities.
In order to be more succesful in this broad field we network with others. We are working on putting alternative concepts on the agenda globally. The challenges ahead are tremendous and we cannot cover each and every topic, but we are able to launch initiatives and developments bringing us closer to an eco-fair and solidaric society.
Our focus in 2017
Trade and Investment Policy
– Stop CETA (available in German only) – our campaign against CETA (Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement). The trade agreement between the EU and Canada harbours great risks. Our critical analysis of the agreement: Making Sense of CETA can be downloaded here. This 2016 publication is a result of our cooperation with European and Canadian partner organisations. Find out about the current state of the signing and ratification process here.
– furthermore we are advocating the development of fair trade relations in Germany, Europe and worldwide. (available in German only: Trade Relationships)
Raw materials policy
– critically monitoring Germanies policies on natural resources, aiming at supporting a sustainable change, (details in German only)
– organization of subject related trainig sessions, e.g. a crash course for political activists and multipliers from political parties, unions and NGOs on raw materials policy and resource justice
– promoting due diligence obligations for companies, especially but not only regarding conflict minerals
– coordination of the German civil society activities in the Working Group on raw materials (AK Rohstoffe, in German only)
– higlighting the social and ecological risks of raw materials mining, aiming at shaping a fair future world-wide (e.g. Industrie 4.0, in German only) and denouncing deep sea mining (in German only)
– Den Kohleausstieg in Berlin voranbringen, gemeinsam mit unseren Bündnispartnern von “Kohleausstieg Berlin”
– Gegen die Kohle protestieren: In Berlin, bundesweit und auf Papier
– Kohle ohne Ende?: Daten und Fakten sammeln sowie Zusammenhänge erläutern
– Klima- und Ressourcengerechtigkeit in Berlin und darüber hinaus fördern
– Erdgas als klimafreundlichen Energieträger hinterfragen